Saturday, November 18, 2017

Paper Mosaic Creation

       Here's a project that could turn your classroom from a nice and clean room to a messy and colorful room with small pieces of construction paper everywhere.  To begin the lesson, we first learned about a mosaic and a silhouette.  A mosaic is a picture or pattern produced by arranging small colored pieces together.  A silhouette is a dark shape and outline of someone or something.  We were each required to include a silhouette in our mosaics.  Each table was assigned a different season so whatever season was at your table you were required to create your silhouette about that season.  My table was assigned spring so I included a cloud and some rain drops to symbolize April showers.  Now to begin this project, we were first required to draw and cut out our silhouettes and then set them aside. Then we created our mosaic using small pieces of colored construction paper.  I made my sky using light and dark blue pieces of construction paper.  I also used green and yellow pieces for my ground that symbolized grass.  After glueing all my construction paper pieces down, I then glued down my silhouette.  
       An extension activity for this project could be used in a science classroom where the students would create a habitat with the small construction pieces and then a silhouette with an animal that would live in the habitat they created.

No comments:

Post a Comment